OpenCores
First Prev 2/2 no use no use
RE: Minsoc and Altera Cyclone II
by parrado on Oct 17, 2010
parrado

However, it may be possible to add high-speed support to the FT245 driver. The FT245 driver was donated to my project (I didn't write it), but I seem to remember looking through it thinking it would be straightforward to adapt the high-speed routines from my USB-Blaster driver to work with libftdi. I simply haven't taken the time to try it yet (and I couldn't properly test it even if I did). You could try it yourself, if you were so inclined...if it works, I'd be happy to add it to the adv_debug_sys project.

Doe's ftdio_sio kernel module (http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/Linux/ftdi_sio.tar.gz) can be used to improve speed?
by nyawn on Oct 20, 2010
nyawn

Doe's ftdio_sio kernel module (http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/Linux/ftdi_sio.tar.gz) can be used to improve speed?

I don't know, this is the first I've heard of this driver. Really, the problem is that the alternate USB-Blaster driver only supports bit-bang mode, so it does ~5 USB transactions just to send 1 bit.

In the last week, I have developed an experimental version of the alternate driver that supports high-speed transfers. It works for my cable, but the regular driver works for my cable, so that's not much of a test. If you'd like to try the experimental driver, send an e-mail to my opencores.org address, and I'll send you the updated code. This would actually be really useful for me, to have the new driver tested on a cable that doesn't work with the regular driver...
by parrado on Oct 20, 2010
parrado
Hi Nathan,

Your e-mail address is rejecting my mail. It's against forum rules publish my mail address for you?
by parrado on Oct 20, 2010
parrado
Hi Nathan,

Your e-mail address is rejecting my mail. It's against forum rules publish my mail address for you?

Please ignore previous post. I sent e-mail
First Prev 2/2 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.