GOST 28147-89 :: Overview
Other project properties
!!! Attention please !!!
!!! Detail description and last news see here: http://idoka.ru/crypto-ip-core-gost-28147-89/ !!!
!!! The project GOST 28147-89 IP-core was moved to github.com !!!
!!! This page might contain obsolete data !!!
This is a implementation of the GOST 28147-89 - a Soviet and Russian government standard symmetric key block cipher.
GOST 28147-89 has a 64-bit blocksize and 256-bit keysize.
This implementation provide trade off size and performance. The goal was to be able to fit in to a low cost Xilinx Spartan series FPGA and still be as fast as possible. As one can see from the implementation results below, this goal has been achieved.
- SystemVerilog RTL and TB code is provided
- Implements both encryption and decryption in the same block
- GOST 28147-89 algorithm focusing on very low area applications
- Implementation takes about 32 cycles to encrypt/decrypt a block
- EBC-cipher mode support
- The core complies to use of S-box according to RFC4357/GOST R34.11-94 or RFC5830 (by synthesis), or S-box switch "on the fly" (realtime).
- Core implementations have been tested on a Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA succesfully
- This core is done. Initial Release: Apr. 17, 2012
For run synthesize design using Synplify tool use command:
$ make synthesisTo compile and run simulation RTL-design using ModelSim with CLI:
$ make simTo compile and run simulation RTL-design using ModelSim with GUI:
$ make sim-guiIn order to determine which S-box will be used for synthesis/simulation you must to pass apropriate define by command line argument:
GOST_R_3411_TESTPARAM - for RFC4357 S-box using GOST_R_3411_CRYPTOPRO - for RFC5830 S-box using GOST_R_3411_BOTH - both RFC4357 and RFC5830 S-boxes using with switching "on the fly"All procedures like synthesis or simulation was tested on the Linux environment (x86_64 host).
Sample Synthesis Results for the ECB-mode GOST 28147-89
Technology Size/Area Speed/Performance ============================================================== Xilinx Spartan-3E 525 LUTs 75 Mhz (150 Mbits/sec)
The design uses SystemVerilog as language for RTL-implementation therefore your Design Tools should support SystemVerilog for synthesis and simulation.
- Implementation testing with support Botan crypto-lib. It can be used in a DPI-based testbench as golden model or test vector generator
- Support for following cipher modes: CBC, CFB, OFB (and maybe CTR)
- Adding SoC-buses compatibility for seamless integration