openGFX430 :: Overview
Other project properties
IntroductionThe openGFX430 is a synthesizable Graphic controller written in Verilog and tailored for the openMSP430 core.
An example implementation based on the DE0-Nano-SoC and LT24 daughter board from Terasic can be found in the openMSP430 FPGA section (see here).
Features & TODOs
- Support of the following graphic modes:
- Smart address generation unit for fast indirect memory access.
- GPU allowing hardware FILL, COPY and COPY_TRANSPARENT operations.
- Supports the LT24 Terasic daughter card.
TODOsIn no particular priority order:
- Add support popular video interfaces (i.e. probably SPI and VGA in addition to LT24).
- Character processing unit.
- Hardware cursor
- Add proper block level verification environment.
DesignThe complete tar archive of the project can be downloaded here (OpenCores account required).
The following SVN command can be run from a console (or GUI):
- The Core's ChangeLog lists the Video Controller updates.
- Subscribe to the following RSS feed to keep yourself informed about ALL updates.