Quadrature Decoder / Counter :: Overview
Other project properties
This is a very simple project for reading a quadrature device, such as an optical encoder. The counter is initialized to zero, and then counts up and down when valid quadrature is present at the inputs
- Simple VHDL for beginners; well documented; shows use of hierarchical design.
- Count limited only by bit length of counter vector; simple to count very large values
- VHDL Implementation of Xilinx application note #012 (xapp012.pdf)
- NPL project file for immediate evaluation in Xilinx ISE/Webpack tools
- Questions/Comments: http://www.franks-development.com