SPI core :: Overview
Other project properties
Enhanced version of the Serial Peripheral Interface available on Motorola's MC68HC11 family of CPUs.Enhancements include a wider supported operating frequency range, 4deep read and write fifos, and programmable transfer count dependent interrupt generation.
As with the SPI found in MC68HC11 processors the core features programmable clock phase (CPHA) and clock polarity (CPOL). The core features an 8bit wishbone interface.
Very simple, very small.
- Compatible with Motorola's SPI specifications
- Enhanced Motorola MC68HC11 Serial Peripheral Interface
- 4 entries deep read FIFO
- 4 entries deep write FIFO
- Interrupt generation after 1, 2, 3, or 4 transfered bytes
- 8 bit WISHBONE RevB.3 Classic interface
- Operates from a wide range of input clock frequencies
- Static synchronous design
- Fully synthesizable
- 130LUTs in a Spartan-II, 230 LCELLs in an ACEX