Wire-Frame 3D Graphics Accelerator IP Core :: Overview
Other project properties
WF3D is a real-time 3D graphics rendering IP Core.
The IP Core reads 3D triangle vertices from memory, then transforms them into 2D space,
and writes 2D triangle’s edge line to memory. Note that this IP Core only supports Wire-Frame 3D graphics.
In other words, the IP Core does not have traditional 3D graphics rendering features,
such as polygon filling, texture mapping, lighting, etc.
Instead of lacking these features, this IP Core has several advantages,
such as small logic consumption and low-bandwidth memory access.
Features- Hardware Geometry Engine and Rasterizer
- Model-View-Projection matrix transformation
- Back-face culling
- Viewport mapping
- Wire-Frame rasterization with 8 bit color
- DMAC for reading 3D object vertices
- Screen size: up to 2014 x 1536(QXGA)
- Small logic consumption
- Low bandwidth requirement
WF3D does NOT support:
- Memory clear DMAC
- Filled triangle rasterization
- Texture mapping
Additional resources- Sample FPGA system implementation(ZedBoard/DE0), with original VGA controller
- Demo applications
- C API for controlling 3D scene
- 3D model convert script