Yet Another VGA :: Overview
Other project properties
This core is a simple and small VGA controller.
- It drives vga monitors with an 800x600 resolution and 72Hz vertical refresh rate (50MHz pixel clock)
- It displays chars on the screen (each char is 8x16 pixels)
- It has a customizable charset (you can use a simple text editor in order to "visually" customize it)
- It can display a color "waveform"
- It can display a color grid and "cross cursor"
- YAVGA ported to Papilio board by Gadget Factory
Nick Williams used YAVGA as vga controller for an oscilloscope he built and described
in his "lesson 3" (a set of video lessons on FPGA hosted on his youtube channel).
VGA Connector Example