OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
what are the steps after compiling
by Unknown on Feb 4, 2004
Not available!
Hi Friends, I am new to VHDL and does want to ask perhaps a silly question for you. I have read the ' VHDL COOK BOOK For designing a microprocessor in VHDL '. There the author has modelled a microprosesor VHDL. I have understood the programme to an extent but then there The author mentions nothing how the commands will reach into memory so that they can be executed neither the 'file' object was used anywhere in the programme. Please tell me that while writing the test bench is there a method by which without using file object we can give values as long as a programme. and what actually we do after compiling. Please tell me I know it is not a great question . I shall be very very grateful Abhishek jain mail at ejain.com **************************************** GOD bless mission 2020 **************************************** -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://www.opencores.org/forums.cgi/cores/attachments/20040204/7b2482b1/attachment.htm
by Unknown on Feb 5, 2004
Not available!
HI Jain, I am myself in the learning-curve in this field, but still let me try to answer your question. You will need to have a compiler for converting the assembly commands of your processor to binaries or dat files that can be pre-loaded into the program memory of the processor thru your test-bench, so that the processor would start reading them after reset. Presuming you do not have one, I'd suggest you to make a list of all the instructions that you would like to test in simulation, then write down their opcodes in hex and drive these values one after the other to your processor thru your VHDL test-bench. Loading accumulator / other registers also needs to be done thru the test bench. Ofcourse, reset should be the first step in your test-bench. Hope I am clear. -Ramakrishna Ejain mail at ejain.com> wrote: Hi Friends, I am new to VHDL and does want to ask perhaps a silly question for you. I have read the ' VHDL COOK BOOK For designing a microprocessor in VHDL '. There the author has modelled a microprosesor VHDL. I have understood the programme to an extent but then there The author mentions nothing how the commands will reach into memory so that they can be executed neither the 'file' object was used anywhere in the programme. Please tell me that while writing the test bench is there a method by which without using file object we can give values as long as a programme. and what actually we do after compiling. Please tell me I know it is not a great question . I shall be very very grateful Abhishek jain mail at ejain.com **************************************** GOD bless mission 2020 **************************************** _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/cores --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://www.opencores.org/forums.cgi/cores/attachments/20040205/6453a37d/attachment.htm
by Unknown on Feb 5, 2004
Not available!
Hi What I want to ask was that how can I load accumulator/register by the test bench without the use of file object. Is there a method. ----- Original Message ----- From: R. Ramakrishna To: Discussion list about free open source IP cores Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 4:20 PM Subject: Re: [oc] what are the steps after compiling HI Jain, I am myself in the learning-curve in this field, but still let me try to answer your question. You will need to have a compiler for converting the assembly commands of your processor to binaries or dat files that can be pre-loaded into the program memory of the processor thru your test-bench, so that the processor would start reading them after reset. Presuming you do not have one, I'd suggest you to make a list of all the instructions that you would like to test in simulation, then write down their opcodes in hex and drive these values one after the other to your processor thru your VHDL test-bench. Loading accumulator / other registers also needs to be done thru the test bench. Ofcourse, reset should be the first step in your test-bench. Hope I am clear. -Ramakrishna Ejain mail at ejain.com> wrote: Hi Friends, I am new to VHDL and does want to ask perhaps a silly question for you. I have read the ' VHDL COOK BOOK For designing a microprocessor in VHDL '. There the author has modelled a microprosesor VHDL. I have understood the programme to an extent but then there The author mentions nothing how the commands will reach into memory so that they can be executed neither the 'file' object was used anywhere in the programme. Please tell me that while writing the test bench is there a method by which without using file object we can give values as long as a programme. and what actually we do after compiling. Please tell me I know it is not a great question . I shall be very very grateful Abhishek jain mail at ejain.com **************************************** GOD bless mission 2020 **************************************** _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/cores ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/cores -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://www.opencores.org/forums.cgi/cores/attachments/20040205/24ef7df1/attachment.htm
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.