OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
IMPORTANT new opencores web site
by Unknown on Feb 9, 2004
Not available!
Hey Folks ! It finally happened! OpenCores web site has a new look and feel. Check it out, it is great ! http://www.opencores.org Some features of the new site: - modern&fresh look&feel - much better organized (allows to more quickly find what you need) - much easier to edit web content (login and then just click on the Edit icon) - content updated (some old content removed, non working links removed) - project browsing/sorting upgraded, added download rating to projects - cvs write access limited per project (maintainer gives access to its projects to other developers, IMPORTANT please read http://www.opencores.org/cvs.shtml because CVSROOT changed !) Credits go to opencores web master. Miha if I forgot any of the new features please add to the list. And all out there if you like or dislike some part of the new site, please let us all know. Together we can make OpenCores better ! Now it is time to start with more content and developer/user services related upgrades of the site. First some new developer services will be added and also obsolete projects will be removed. A second server will be put on line that will make sure that the main web server doesn't get stuck at night when some background jobs are running (particulary when several downloads get started and tar/gzip are running in multiple processes causing significant load on the current server - this hopefully will become thing of the past). New services for developers will be added. As first service I have the pleasure to introduce Novas nLint tool to become part of the cvs commit procedure. Whenever you will commit your VHDL or Verilog files into the cvs, if enabled by your project settings, nLint will perform linting according to OpenCores Coding Guidelines and send you an email with the report (report emails will be configurable in your project's settings so don't worry). This means much more uniform coding style accross different projects, less bugs, more compatible projects with ASIC guidelines (that will be easier to integrate into SoCs), better Q&A resulting in more users, more users more credibility etc. For all those that haven't seen Novas nLint in action - I promise you, you will not be disappointed ! (I expect the nLint to become operational within a week or so, I have to write nLint rules file) regards, Damjan
by Unknown on Feb 9, 2004
Not available!
Brian, yes exactly. There is a new property that defines if a project is using verilog or vhdl. I don't know exactly what are Miha's plans to fill out these properties for all projects, but basically either do it manually or use a script to go over all cvs projects and check if they use verilog or vhdl. That would probably be the fastest otherwise developers will never define their language for their current projects... Miha I think it would be best to have a script that checks the cvs and does it automatically -- and not only once but maybe now and then because for example one project might start as verilog and later somebody does a port to vhdl and if originally marked as verilog only, it will not show under vhdl. So maybe once per day the script goes over each project's cvs and checks what kind of files are there... Obviously there also has to be value for a property that indicates vhdl+verilog for those projects that have a port of core in each language... Maybe there should also be a value for "other language" that would indicate neither verilog nor vhdl was used... regards, Damjan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Korsedal" BKorsedal at bms-inc.com> To: "Discussion list about free open source IP cores" cores at opencores.org> Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 1:17 AM Subject: RE: [oc] IMPORTANT new opencores web site I like the look. I really do, but I do want to let you know about a bug. When I go to the projects and I select When I select the drop down menus as either of the "written in Verilog" or the "written in VHDL", I get no cores. Maybe the admins of the projects need to fill in some info for this to work. I'm using konqueror 3.2 on linux 2.6.2 and Gentoo. Other than that, it looks great. -Brian -----Original Message----- From: cores-bounces at opencores.org on behalf of Damjan Lampret Sent: Mon 2/9/2004 3:13 AM To: cores at opencores.org Cc: Subject: [oc] IMPORTANT new opencores web site Hey Folks ! It finally happened! OpenCores web site has a new look and feel. Check it out, it is great ! http://www.opencores.org Some features of the new site: - modern&fresh look&feel - much better organized (allows to more quickly find what you need) - much easier to edit web content (login and then just click on the Edit icon) - content updated (some old content removed, non working links removed) - project browsing/sorting upgraded, added download rating to projects - cvs write access limited per project (maintainer gives access to its projects to other developers, IMPORTANT please read http://www.opencores.org/cvs.shtml because CVSROOT changed !) Credits go to opencores web master. Miha if I forgot any of the new features please add to the list. And all out there if you like or dislike some part of the new site, please let us all know. Together we can make OpenCores better ! Now it is time to start with more content and developer/user services related upgrades of the site. First some new developer services will be added and also obsolete projects will be removed. A second server will be put on line that will make sure that the main web server doesn't get stuck at night when some background jobs are running (particulary when several downloads get started and tar/gzip are running in multiple processes causing significant load on the current server - this hopefully will become thing of the past). New services for developers will be added. As first service I have the pleasure to introduce Novas nLint tool to become part of the cvs commit procedure. Whenever you will commit your VHDL or Verilog files into the cvs, if enabled by your project settings, nLint will perform linting according to OpenCores Coding Guidelines and send you an email with the report (report emails will be configurable in your project's settings so don't worry). This means much more uniform coding style accross different projects, less bugs, more compatible projects with ASIC guidelines (that will be easier to integrate into SoCs), better Q&A resulting in more users, more users more credibility etc. For all those that haven't seen Novas nLint in action - I promise you, you will not be disappointed ! (I expect the nLint to become operational within a week or so, I have to write nLint rules file) regards, Damjan _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/cores ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
_______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/cores

by Unknown on Feb 10, 2004
Not available!
I like the look. I really do, but I do want to let you know about a bug. When I go to the projects and I select When I select the drop down menus as either of the "written in Verilog" or the "written in VHDL", I get no cores. Maybe the admins of the projects need to fill in some info for this to work. I'm using konqueror 3.2 on linux 2.6.2 and Gentoo. Other than that, it looks great. -Brian -----Original Message----- From: cores-bounces at opencores.org on behalf of Damjan Lampret Sent: Mon 2/9/2004 3:13 AM To: cores at opencores.org Cc: Subject: [oc] IMPORTANT new opencores web site Hey Folks ! It finally happened! OpenCores web site has a new look and feel. Check it out, it is great ! http://www.opencores.org Some features of the new site: - modern&fresh look&feel - much better organized (allows to more quickly find what you need) - much easier to edit web content (login and then just click on the Edit icon) - content updated (some old content removed, non working links removed) - project browsing/sorting upgraded, added download rating to projects - cvs write access limited per project (maintainer gives access to its projects to other developers, IMPORTANT please read http://www.opencores.org/cvs.shtml because CVSROOT changed !) Credits go to opencores web master. Miha if I forgot any of the new features please add to the list. And all out there if you like or dislike some part of the new site, please let us all know. Together we can make OpenCores better ! Now it is time to start with more content and developer/user services related upgrades of the site. First some new developer services will be added and also obsolete projects will be removed. A second server will be put on line that will make sure that the main web server doesn't get stuck at night when some background jobs are running (particulary when several downloads get started and tar/gzip are running in multiple processes causing significant load on the current server - this hopefully will become thing of the past). New services for developers will be added. As first service I have the pleasure to introduce Novas nLint tool to become part of the cvs commit procedure. Whenever you will commit your VHDL or Verilog files into the cvs, if enabled by your project settings, nLint will perform linting according to OpenCores Coding Guidelines and send you an email with the report (report emails will be configurable in your project's settings so don't worry). This means much more uniform coding style accross different projects, less bugs, more compatible projects with ASIC guidelines (that will be easier to integrate into SoCs), better Q&A resulting in more users, more users more credibility etc. For all those that haven't seen Novas nLint in action - I promise you, you will not be disappointed ! (I expect the nLint to become operational within a week or so, I have to write nLint rules file) regards, Damjan _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/cores -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 4162 bytes Desc: not available Url : http://www.opencores.org/forums.cgi/cores/attachments/20040210/33af7d41/attachment.bin
by Unknown on Feb 10, 2004
Not available!
Yes.. This in new project property and project maintainers should set
languages of their cores. Later when developers will update projects we
will add additional filters.

regards,
Miha

Brian Korsedal wrote:

I like the look. I really do, but I do want to let you know about a bug. When I go to the projects and I select

When I select the drop down menus as either of the "written in Verilog" or the "written in VHDL", I get no cores. Maybe the admins of the projects need to fill in some info for this to work.

I'm using konqueror 3.2 on linux 2.6.2 and Gentoo.

Other than that, it looks great.

-Brian

by jcastillo on Feb 10, 2004
jcastillo
Congratulations, the page looks great Javier Castillo ----- Original Message ----- From: Damjan Lampretlampret at o...> To: Date: Mon Feb 9 12:13:22 CET 2004 Subject: [oc] IMPORTANT new opencores web site
Hey Folks ! It finally happened! OpenCores web site has a new look and feel. Check it out, it is great ! http://www.opencores.org Some features of the new site: - modern&fresh look&feel - much better organized (allows to more quickly find what you need) - much easier to edit web content (login and then just click on the Edit icon) - content updated (some old content removed, non working links removed) - project browsing/sorting upgraded, added download rating to projects - cvs write access limited per project (maintainer gives access to its projects to other developers, IMPORTANT please read http://www.opencores.org/cvs.shtml because CVSROOT changed !) Credits go to opencores web master. Miha if I forgot any of the new features please add to the list. And all out there if you like or dislike some part of the new site, please let us all know. Together we can make OpenCores better ! Now it is time to start with more content and developer/user services related upgrades of the site. First some new developer services will be added and also obsolete projects will be removed. A second server will be put on line that will make sure that the main web server doesn't get stuck at night when some background jobs are running (particulary when several downloads get started and tar/gzip are running in multiple processes causing significant load on the current server - this hopefully will become thing of the past). New services for developers will be added. As first service I have the pleasure to introduce Novas nLint tool to become part of the cvs commit procedure. Whenever you will commit your VHDL or Verilog files into the cvs, if enabled by your project settings, nLint will perform linting according to OpenCores Coding Guidelines and send you an email with the report (report emails will be configurable in your project's settings so don't worry). This means much more uniform coding style accross different projects, less bugs, more compatible projects with ASIC guidelines (that will be easier to integrate into SoCs), better Q&A resulting in more users, more users more credibility etc. For all those that haven't seen Novas nLint in action - I promise you, you will not be disappointed ! (I expect the nLint to become operational within a week or so, I have to write nLint rules file) regards, Damjan

no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.