OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
Testbuild of OpenRISC toolchain
by Unknown on Feb 13, 2004
Not available!
Aloha! I've just completed a testbuild of the GNU tools for OpenRISC 1000 as described on the following we page: http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/or1k/gnu_toolchain_port A few notes anc comments (1) The installation works on RedHat 9 too, not only RH 7.0. No big surprises I guess, but it's at least a confirmation. If I get the time for it in the next few days I'll repreat it on FreeBSD 5.X (CURRENT), that should generate a few more fixes (esp since it uses BSD make, not gmake). (2) There is an error/ambiguity in the build instructions of uClibc. The line "make oldconfig" should quite probably be preceeded with a line "cd ../.." to get back up to the directory where the Makefile resides (it's not in the arch/or32 directory where the "Rules.make" file resides) (3) It would probably be good on the webpage mentioned above to give an example of a suitable KERNEL_SOURCE path, for example one in the Config file. Makes for an easier reading. (4) There is probably and error/ambiguity on the line following the "popd" command. It reads "cd ../../b-gcc". It should probably be "cd ../b-gcc". Unless I have made an error following the instructions and somehow missed creating a sublevel. Otherwise it was a smooth ride (build). Time for lunch, then it's testbuild time. ;-) -- Med vänlig hälsning, Yours Joachim Strömbergson - Alltid i harmonisk svängning. VP, Research & Development ---------------------------------------------------------------------- InformAsic AB / Hugo Grauers gata 5B / SE-411 33 GÖTEBORG / Sweden Tel: +46 31 68 54 90 Fax: +46 31 68 54 91 Mobile: +46 733 75 97 02 E-mail: joachim.strombergson at informasic.com Home: www.informasic.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.