OpenCores
First Prev 3/3 no use no use
RE: MB-Lite
by tribbiani on Apr 16, 2017
tribbiani
-------------------------- glue logic for address decoder and datamem -----------------
s_dmem_i(0).ena_i s_dmem_sel_o '0');
s_dmem_ena_o -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sram_4en0 : sram_4en -- datamemory
port MAP
(

dat_o =>s_dmem_i(0).dat_i,---- connect to address_decoder
dat_i =>s_dmem_o(0).dat_o,
adr_i => s_dmem_o(0).adr_o,
wre_i => s_dmem_sel_o,
ena_i => s_dmem_ena_o, --connect up to address_decoder logic
clk_i =>wb_i.clk_i
);

Regards tribbiani!
by tribbiani on Apr 17, 2017
tribbiani
I am sorry OpenCores does not accept my txt and removing parts.

tribbiani
by kuzmi4 on Apr 17, 2017
kuzmi4
Hi tribbiani,

Ok, so you are using your custom design and ISE v14.7.

Regarding ISE - I have no experiance with MB-Lite and ISE after ver10 (ISE-ver like in original MB-Lite project). And what is you target FPGA ? Is it possible to switch to Vivado with your FPGA?

Regrading your custom design -> your log-information not really formatted, so I have no clear understanding of the situation.
In global, I would recommend you start with simulation first.
Also, I think, you must start with HDL-based BRAM instantiation - in this case you will have clearance if something goes wrong during synth-phase of MEM-logic.

=> So, to avoid future problems - you must start with very simple System-On-Chip architecture, something like this:
0) Processor-Unit,
1) Instruction-Mem,
2) Data-mem,
3) GPIO like a peripheral.
After you will be done with proper test-env, synth+PAR and HW-tests of this design you can start with more complex designs.
Like a ref-point you can use my "vmblite_base" design. I think, after you will have something like a ref-point for your simple design I can take a look, if you will find proper place for project archive.
by tribbiani on Apr 17, 2017
tribbiani
Hi kuzmi4! Thank you for support.
Will consider to change memory from core-generated to inference(HDL).

HDL compiler warnings are:

std_pkg.vhd Line 260 Range is emty(null range)

std_pkg.vhd Line 260 Assignment ignored.

wb_i_int_i is never used.

Node Mmult_n04243 of sequential type is unconnected in block execute.

Best regards tribbiani!
by kuzmi4 on Apr 18, 2017
kuzmi4
Hi tribbiani,

Regarding {std_pkg.vhd Line 260} - I think this warning related to function "increment" in std_Pkg. Actually, this function used in entity "fetch":

v.program_counter := increment(r.program_counter(CFG_IMEM_SIZE - 1 downto 2)) & "00";

So, this item also brought "+1" to design simulation ;)

Regarding {wb_i_int_i is never used} - you must verify your connection to this port in System-On-Chip: do you have some "real" signal for this port of MB-Lite (or you simply left it unconnected)?

Regarding {Mmult_n04243} - it looks like typical name from ISE synth-tool. You must verify you synth-log/RTL-view to determine reason for this warning.

by tribbiani on Apr 18, 2017
tribbiani
Hi kuzmi4!
Only clk signal and output for data to be measured on oscilloscope is defined in UCF-file.
wb_i_int_i signal is defined in top entity and visible in RTL-view, there is no logic driving this signal. As for now there are no IP-Modules connected to MB-Lite top entity in/out signals. Verifying in System-On-Chip do you mean in the UCF-file? Was thinking maybe wb_i_int_i needs a initial value:)

Did look into fetch module and from what I was explained the two MSB of Madd_r_program_counter is connected to ground. The rest of the vector is used.

Regarding {std_pkg.vhd Line 260} used in fetch interesting. The increment are &00 concatenated should give 4, as in 4 bytes increment for program-counter. Did it only increment by 1 in your simulation?

The s_dmem_i(0)_ena_i signal input on address decoder is static high in VHDL description.

Take a look at m_dmem_o_dat_o and m_dmem_o_sel_o from core to address decoder. The signals are not connected inside address-decoder in either mblite_unit and in my design?

##Clock signal
Net "wb_i_clk_i" LOC=V10 | IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33;
Net "wb_i_clk_i" TNM_NET = sys_clk_pin;
TIMESPEC TS_sys_clk_pin = PERIOD sys_clk_pin 10000 kHz;

Best regards tribbiani!

by kuzmi4 on Apr 20, 2017
kuzmi4
Hi tribbiani,

{Verifying in System-On-Chip} in your case means inspection of your architecture with RTL-viewer and synth-log information. Now UCF is out of the scope.

Regarding "program-counter" in my sim -> it is 16bit wide and behaves like expected from the VHDL code , min incr-value == 4, something like this: 16'h0450, 16'h0454, 16'h0458, ...

Regarding "s_dmem_i(0)_ena_i" situation - I already provided information in my post above.

Regarding "m_dmem_o_dat_o" signal - source of this signal you can find in "../core/mem.vhd" file, under the line:

-- connect memory interface signals

And these signals simply routed in "../core/core_address_decoder.vhd" file under the "CON" generate-block. Behavior of the {dmem_o}-signals in my test-env looks OK (like expected from the VHDL sources).
First Prev 3/3 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.