OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
About "malloc" in the simulator and in the FPGA
by Unknown on Dec 30, 2003
Not available!
Hi All: Recently I wrote a little program "test.c" to test the "malloc" and "free" functions. The codes are as follows: "test.c": #include #include int main() { char * p; p = malloc(8*sizeof(char)); if (p == NULL) return -1; free(p) return 0; } and the "makefile" script is as follows: "makefile": common = ../sw/support/libsupport.a all:test test: test.o ../sw/support/reset-icdc.o \ /opt/or32-uclinux/lib/libc.a \ /opt/or32-uclinux/lib/gcc-lib/or32-uclinux/3.1/libgcc.a or32-uclinux-ld -T ../sw/support/orp.ld $? -o $@.or32 $(common) test.o: test.c or32-uclinux-gcc -g -c -o test.o test.c the support package is downloaded from the cvsweb "/ or1k / orp / orp_soc / sw" of the opencore.org and the libsupport is in it too. and the orp.ld script used by or32-uclinux-ld is as follows: MEMORY { vectors : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x00002000 flash : ORIGIN = 0x04000000, LENGTH = 0x00200000 ram : ORIGIN = 0x00002000, LENGTH = 0x001f0000 mp3data : ORIGIN = 0x001f2000, LENGTH = 0x00004000 } SECTIONS { .reset : { *(.reset) } > flash .text ALIGN(0x04): { _text_bin = .; *(.text) _text_end = .; } > flash .rodata : { _rodata_bin = .; *(.rodata) _rodata_end = .; } > flash .dummy ALIGN(0x04): { _src_beg = .; } > flash .vectors : AT ( ADDR (.dummy) ) { _vec_start = .; *(.vectors) _vec_end = .; } > vectors .data : AT ( ADDR (.dummy) + SIZEOF (.vectors) ) { _dst_beg = .; *(.data) _dst_end = .; } > ram .mp3data : { _mp3_begin = .; *(.mp3) _mp3_end = .; } > mp3data .bss : { *(.bss) } > ram .stack : { *(.stack) _src_addr = .; } > ram } then I run the makefile script and the test.or32 is generated. First I put it in the simulator . I set the breakpoint at the line "p = malloc (8*sizeof(char));". When entering the function of malloc,many circles of instructions comes,among malloc_init , udivsi3 ,modsi3 and so on. After many instructions ,it comes to the mmap functions and implement the instruction "l.sys 0x1".Then it comes to 0xc00 and implements the "l.j 0" for ever. So I send the test.or32 to the fpga board running the or rtl. But to my disappoint ,the "p" equals NULL and means that malloc cannot work. I don't know what to do .And anyone can save me? Thanks a lot. I think simulator should support the malloc operation at least.Or I should study the code of malloc.c in ulibc library? Thanks a lot. Thanks and Regards
About "malloc" in the simulator and in the FPGA
by Unknown on Dec 30, 2003
Not available!
Hi, I think you confuse some things here. Malloc is C library function which at some point calls OS kernel function for memory allocation via system call (this is this l.sys instruction that you mentioned). You will need to have OS (linux or uClinux) setup on your environment (simulator or real board) to run programs like this. Check http://www.opencores.org/projects/or1k/uClinux for more information on this. Simon On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 08:07, Cool_ABen@sjtu.edu.cn wrote:
Hi All: Recently I wrote a little program "test.c" to test the "malloc" and "free" functions. The codes are as follows: "test.c": #include #include int main() { char * p; p = malloc(8*sizeof(char)); if (p == NULL) return -1; free(p) return 0; } and the "makefile" script is as follows: "makefile": common = ../sw/support/libsupport.a all:test test: test.o ../sw/support/reset-icdc.o \ /opt/or32-uclinux/lib/libc.a \ /opt/or32-uclinux/lib/gcc-lib/or32-uclinux/3.1/libgcc.a or32-uclinux-ld -T ../sw/support/orp.ld $? -o $@.or32 $(common) test.o: test.c or32-uclinux-gcc -g -c -o test.o test.c the support package is downloaded from the cvsweb "/ or1k / orp / orp_soc / sw" of the opencore.org and the libsupport is in it too. and the orp.ld script used by or32-uclinux-ld is as follows: MEMORY { vectors : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x00002000 flash : ORIGIN = 0x04000000, LENGTH = 0x00200000 ram : ORIGIN = 0x00002000, LENGTH = 0x001f0000 mp3data : ORIGIN = 0x001f2000, LENGTH = 0x00004000 } SECTIONS { .reset : { *(.reset) } > flash .text ALIGN(0x04): { _text_bin = .; *(.text) _text_end = .; } > flash .rodata : { _rodata_bin = .; *(.rodata) _rodata_end = .; } > flash .dummy ALIGN(0x04): { _src_beg = .; } > flash .vectors : AT ( ADDR (.dummy) ) { _vec_start = .; *(.vectors) _vec_end = .; } > vectors .data : AT ( ADDR (.dummy) + SIZEOF (.vectors) ) { _dst_beg = .; *(.data) _dst_end = .; } > ram .mp3data : { _mp3_begin = .; *(.mp3) _mp3_end = .; } > mp3data .bss : { *(.bss) } > ram .stack : { *(.stack) _src_addr = .; } > ram } then I run the makefile script and the test.or32 is generated. First I put it in the simulator . I set the breakpoint at the line "p = malloc (8*sizeof(char));". When entering the function of malloc,many circles of instructions comes,among malloc_init , udivsi3 ,modsi3 and so on. After many instructions ,it comes to the mmap functions and implement the instruction "l.sys 0x1".Then it comes to 0xc00 and implements the "l.j 0" for ever. So I send the test.or32 to the fpga board running the or rtl. But to my disappoint ,the "p" equals NULL and means that malloc cannot work. I don't know what to do .And anyone can save me? Thanks a lot. I think simulator should support the malloc operation at least.Or I should study the code of malloc.c in ulibc library? Thanks a lot. Thanks and Regards _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc

no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.