OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
Could not download/make.
by Unknown on Dec 30, 2003
Not available!
Hi All! I was looking to download the simulator for OpenRISC1000. There are two links one for the stable and other for the development. On trying to download the stable version it says Requested Item Not Found. I downloaded the development version..however could not build it. Am I supposed to build on a specific platform? I tried on both SUN and Linux machines..but to no avail. I was wondering if the development tarball is unstable if so where can I get the stable release from? Thanks! LEARNER __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003 http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
Could not download/make.
by Unknown on Dec 30, 2003
Not available!
On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:04:26PM -0800, kernel_learner wrote:
Hi All!

I was looking to download the simulator for
OpenRISC1000. There are two links one for the stable
and other for the development. On trying to download
the stable version it says Requested Item Not Found.
I downloaded the development version..however could
not build it. Am I supposed to build on a specific
platform? I tried on both SUN and Linux machines..but
to no avail.

I was wondering if the development tarball is unstable
if so where can I get the stable release from?

I just verified that the stable link is dead as well.
I've been building/running from the CVS version for a
while now. I just updated and rebuilt last week from
CVS and or1ksim still works here.

What sort of build problem are you having? Can you
try the CVS version?

-Matt

Could not download/make.
by Unknown on Dec 31, 2003
Not available!
Matt, How do I do get the CVS version? --- Matt Porter mporter@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:04:26PM -0800,
kernel_learner wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I was looking to download the simulator for
> OpenRISC1000. There are two links one for the

stable
> and other for the development. On trying to

download
> the stable version it says Requested Item Not

Found.
> I downloaded the development version..however

could
> not build it. Am I supposed to build on a specific
> platform? I tried on both SUN and Linux

machines..but
> to no avail.
>
> I was wondering if the development tarball is

unstable
> if so where can I get the stable release from?
I just verified that the stable link is dead as well. I've been building/running from the CVS version for a while now. I just updated and rebuilt last week from CVS and or1ksim still works here. What sort of build problem are you having? Can you try the CVS version? -Matt _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003 http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
Could not download/make.
Not available!
On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 03:36:02PM -0800, kernel_learner wrote:
Matt, How do I do get the CVS version?
http://www.opencores.org/cvs.shtml has basic instructions. For or1ksim specifically: cvs -d :pserver:cvs@cvs.opencores.org:/home/oc/cvs login [at prompt, use password: 'cvs'] cvs -d :pserver:cvs@cvs.opencores.org:/home/oc/cvs co or1k/or1ksim There's a lot of variations, but that's the most basic. -Matt
Could not download/make.
Not available!

Matt, How do I do get the CVS version?

> the stable version it says Requested Item Not

> Found.
> I downloaded the development version..however

> could
> not build it. Am I supposed to build on a specific
> platform? I tried on both SUN and Linux

> machines..but
> to no avail.

"Stable" version is nothing else but the latest version fro mthe cvs that
was built successfully and ran uclinux. But it seems that the ATS is not
tagging cvs anymore with this tag. I need to check why is this so.
Developmnent version is nothing else but cvs version HEAD, that is the
latest cvs version. Typically development version and stable version should
be the same. Using the download link on the web in fact takes it directly
fro mthe cvs. So the question is why your development version didn't build.
Because if that one didn't build using cvs client and taking it from the cvs
will mean you get the same sources as before and technically they shouldn't
build if the previous didn't build. Anyway it should build on Linux, at
least on Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 9.0. People also built it on all kinds of
other systems as well.

regards,
Damjan

Could not download/make.
Not available!
Thanks Damjan, I am having the following problem on doing "make all": /foo/gnu/bin/autoconf: /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/bin/autom4te: /local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory /foo/gnu/bin/autoconf: /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/bin/autom4te: Success configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found. configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory, configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal). Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp' /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL Makefile.am: C source seen but `CC' is undefined Makefile.am: Makefile.am: The usual way to define `CC' is to add `AC_PROG_CC' Makefile.am: to `configure.in' and run `autoconf' again. make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1 cat /proc/version gives: Linux version 2.4.18-5smp (bhcompile@daffy.perf.redhat.com) (gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)) #1 SMP Mon Jun 10 15:19:40 EDT 2002 Any help appreciated! LEARNER --- Damjan Lampret lampret@opencores.org> wrote:

> Matt, How do I do get the CVS version?

> > the stable version it says Requested Item Not

> Found.
> > I downloaded the development version..however

> could
> > not build it. Am I supposed to build on a

specific
> > platform? I tried on both SUN and Linux

> machines..but
> > to no avail.
"Stable" version is nothing else but the latest version fro mthe cvs that was built successfully and ran uclinux. But it seems that the ATS is not tagging cvs anymore with this tag. I need to check why is this so. Developmnent version is nothing else but cvs version HEAD, that is the latest cvs version. Typically development version and stable version should be the same. Using the download link on the web in fact takes it directly fro mthe cvs. So the question is why your development version didn't build. Because if that one didn't build using cvs client and taking it from the cvs will mean you get the same sources as before and technically they shouldn't build if the previous didn't build. Anyway it should build on Linux, at least on Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 9.0. People also built it on all kinds of other systems as well. regards, Damjan _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003 http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
Could not download/make.
by Unknown on Jan 2, 2004
Not available!
Hi! Can you post full output of ./configure (with the parameters). regards, p. * kernel_learner (kernel_learner@yahoo.com) wrote:
Thanks Damjan, I am having the following problem on doing "make all": /foo/gnu/bin/autoconf: /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/bin/autom4te: /local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory /foo/gnu/bin/autoconf: /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/bin/autom4te: Success configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found. configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory, configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal). Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp' /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL Makefile.am: C source seen but `CC' is undefined Makefile.am: Makefile.am: The usual way to define `CC' is to add `AC_PROG_CC' Makefile.am: to `configure.in' and run `autoconf' again. make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1 cat /proc/version gives: Linux version 2.4.18-5smp (bhcompile@daffy.perf.redhat.com) (gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)) #1 SMP Mon Jun 10 15:19:40 EDT 2002 Any help appreciated! LEARNER --- Damjan Lampret lampret@opencores.org> wrote:
>
>
> Matt, How do I do get the CVS version?

>
> > the stable version it says Requested Item Not

> > Found.
> > I downloaded the development version..however

> > could
> > not build it. Am I supposed to build on a

> specific
> > platform? I tried on both SUN and Linux

> > machines..but
> > to no avail.
> > "Stable" version is nothing else but the latest > version fro mthe cvs that > was built successfully and ran uclinux. But it seems > that the ATS is not > tagging cvs anymore with this tag. I need to check > why is this so. > Developmnent version is nothing else but cvs version > HEAD, that is the > latest cvs version. Typically development version > and stable version should > be the same. Using the download link on the web in > fact takes it directly > fro mthe cvs. So the question is why your > development version didn't build. > Because if that one didn't build using cvs client > and taking it from the cvs > will mean you get the same sources as before and > technically they shouldn't > build if the previous didn't build. Anyway it should > build on Linux, at > least on Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 9.0. People also > built it on all kinds of > other systems as well. > > regards, > Damjan > > _______________________________________________ > http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003 http://search.yahoo.com/top2003 _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc

Could not download/make.
by Unknown on Jan 2, 2004
Not available!
Sure, the output is as follows: [or1ksim]> ./configure --target=or32 loading cache ./config.cache checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu checking target system type... or32-unknown-none checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /ncsu/gnu/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes checking for working aclocal... found checking for working autoconf... found checking for working automake... found checking for working autoheader... missing checking for working makeinfo... found checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu checking for gcc... (cached) gcc checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g ) works... yes checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g ) is a cross-compiler... no checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E checking for minix/config.h... (cached) no checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes checking whether gcc needs -traditional... (cached) no checking for a BSD compatible install... /ncsu/gnu/bin/install -c checking for ar... (cached) ar checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... (cached) no checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... (cached) yes checking for opendir in -ldir... (cached) no checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes checking for select... (cached) yes checking for setenv... (cached) yes checking for putenv... (cached) yes checking for tcgetattr... (cached) yes checking for setlocale... (cached) yes checking for lstat... (cached) yes checking for working strcoll... (cached) yes checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes checking for varargs.h... (cached) yes checking for stdarg.h... (cached) yes checking for string.h... (cached) yes checking for sys/ptem.h... (cached) no checking for sys/pte.h... (cached) no checking for sys/stream.h... (cached) no checking for sys/select.h... (cached) yes checking for termcap.h... (cached) yes checking for termios.h... (cached) yes checking for termio.h... (cached) yes checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes checking for locale.h... (cached) yes checking for net/ethernet.h... (cached) yes checking whether to enable profiling... no checking whether to compile fsim... no checking whether to use simple execution... no checking whether to enable ethernet phy emulation... no checking whether to use raw range stats... no checking whether instructions set overflow flag... no checking whether arithmethic instructions set flag... no checking for implementation-specific data... DEFAULT configure: warning: using default environment creating ./config.status creating Makefile creating bpb/Makefile creating cache/Makefile creating cpu/Makefile creating cpu/common/Makefile creating cpu/or32/Makefile creating cuc/Makefile creating cpu/or1k/Makefile creating cpu/dlx/Makefile creating debug/Makefile creating support/Makefile creating mmu/Makefile creating peripheral/Makefile creating tick/Makefile creating peripheral/channels/Makefile creating pm/Makefile creating pic/Makefile creating vapi/Makefile creating config.h config.h is unchanged --- Matjaz Breskvar phoenix@opencores.org> wrote:
Hi! Can you post full output of ./configure (with the parameters). regards, p. * kernel_learner (kernel_learner@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Thanks Damjan,
>
> I am having the following problem on doing "make

all":
> /foo/gnu/bin/autoconf:
> /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/bin/autom4te:

/local/bin/perl:
> bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> /foo/gnu/bin/autoconf:
> /afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/bin/autom4te: Success
> configure.in: no proper invocation of

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
> was found.
> configure.in: You should verify that configure.in
> invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
> configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the
> top-level directory,
> configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently
> regenerated (using aclocal).
> Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
>

/afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am:
> am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
>

/afs/bp.foo/contrib/gnu/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am:
> AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> Makefile.am: C source seen but `CC' is undefined
> Makefile.am:
> Makefile.am: The usual way to define `CC' is to

add
> `AC_PROG_CC' > Makefile.am: to `configure.in' and run `autoconf' > again. > make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1 > > cat /proc/version gives: > Linux version 2.4.18-5smp > (bhcompile@daffy.perf.redhat.com) (gcc version

> 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)) #1 SMP Mon

Jun
> 10 15:19:40 EDT 2002 > > Any help appreciated! > LEARNER > > --- Damjan Lampret lampret@opencores.org> wrote:
>
>
> > Matt, How do I do get the CVS version?

>
> > > the stable version it says Requested Item

Not
> > Found.
> > > I downloaded the development

version..however
> > could
> > > not build it. Am I supposed to build on a

> specific
> > > platform? I tried on both SUN and Linux

> > machines..but
> > > to no avail.

>
> "Stable" version is nothing else but the latest
> version fro mthe cvs that
> was built successfully and ran uclinux. But it

seems
> that the ATS is not
> tagging cvs anymore with this tag. I need to

check
> why is this so.
> Developmnent version is nothing else but cvs

version
> HEAD, that is the
> latest cvs version. Typically development

version
> and stable version should
> be the same. Using the download link on the web

in
> fact takes it directly
> fro mthe cvs. So the question is why your
> development version didn't build.
> Because if that one didn't build using cvs

client
> and taking it from the cvs
> will mean you get the same sources as before and
> technically they shouldn't
> build if the previous didn't build. Anyway it

should
> build on Linux, at
> least on Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 9.0. People

also
> built it on all kinds of
> other systems as well.
>
> regards,
> Damjan
>
> _______________________________________________
>
http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc
> > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003 > http://search.yahoo.com/top2003 > _______________________________________________ > http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc
_______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/openrisc
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.