OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
Wishbone Verification Project
by ruschi on Jul 2, 2009
ruschi
Hi fellow members,
personally I have no experience in professional hardware verification with frameworks like OVM etc. However it came to my mind that it would be quite useful to launch a project (if it doesn't already exits) that comes up with some kind of generic wishbone master / slave interface which can be used for verifying other cores for whishbone compliancy.
I know comparable things exist for field bus devices and I think ARM also has something to test AMBA compliancy.
What do you think - and if you think its good. will you join me in the effort of creating such a piece of software/HDL testbench?
do you think it is actually necessary, somehow I have my doubts....

---
Cheers
ruschi
RE: Wishbone Verification Project
by madengineer on Jul 3, 2009
madengineer
Hi Ruschi,
I think you're right - such a tool would be useful. I've killed a Wishbone bus based system before by introducing (my own) non compliant buggy module onto the bus... It would be helpful to have a standard way of checking compatability, instead of every Wishbone module developer creating their own testbenches to do this.

Have you had any other interest?

Best regards,
Richard.
by vancejs on Feb 8, 2010
vancejs
This is a slightly old thread, but I just noticed it and wanted to reply.

I might be interested in working on such a project. Although I haven't been involved in any OpenCores projects in the past and am not incredibly familiar with the wishbone spec (not yet), I have some experience doing verification. I'm actually looking for opportunities to get more experience with verification and this sort of project would be perfect. Although I've used OVM and SystemVerilog in the past, I'd imagine to be more useful for open source projects it makes more sense to stick with Verilog and maybe use OVL for assertions. OVM is really great, but I don't believe there are any open source tools that support SystemVerilog yet (unfortunately).
by syswip on Feb 12, 2010
syswip
Hi folk,

I have free SystemVerilog Verification IP for Wishbone bus.
You can download it from my site http://syswip.com/wishbone-verification-ip
I think it will help you to create your Wishbone verification environment.

Bests,
Tiksan
http://syswip.com
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.