OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
Open Core query
by PradeepKumar on Feb 1, 2010
PradeepKumar
Hello PPL,

I have a wague question. can i use the open cores code for my final product, will there be any royalty or any other issues related?

we have a requirement of using the USB 2.0 CORE, as IP CORE from Vendor is costly.

comments are invited

Thanks in advance
Pradeep Kumar
RE: Open Core query
by rfajardo on Mar 12, 2010
rfajardo
Hello Pradeep,

if you are talking about the USB2.0 core posted here at OpenCores, I opened the README file inside of the project structure and found out the project is also offered under www.asic.ws . On that page I found information about its licensing, it is a BSD modified license this is the interesting cut of it:

Redistribution and use in source, netlist, binary and silicon forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of ASICS World Services, the Authors and/or the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

So the answer is yes, you can use the core for a product, provided that you reproduce the same copyright. You have to go to the webpage and click on "Free IP cores" on the left side and then on the small iconized "i" besides BSD on the main page.

Best regards,
Raul
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.