OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
Access to BA1 causes crash
by Unknown on Dec 12, 2003
Not available!
I've compiled the PCI bridge into a Spartan part on my PCI EVM. I am
able to read/write config space and I am able to read/write the config
space image in BA0. However, as soon as I try to access BA1 which is
suppose to go to WB master and a simple block ram my machine freezes.

Any ideas why an access to WB master would kill my machine?

Thanks.
Access to BA1 causes crash
by Unknown on Dec 12, 2003
Not available!
Hi! Is there a possibility that you are not generating slave response in a right manner? If the WB master does not get ack or err asserted, then the transactions never finish and the PCI Bridge won't be able to transfer more data, thus the PCI bus will be in a deadlock. If this is not the case, please provide a little more data about what you are doing - what kind of transfer (read/write) causes a crash, is it a burst or single transfer etc.. And send me (on private mail - not the mailing list) the pci_user_constants.v file from the rtl directory. Regards, Miha Dolenc ----- Original Message ----- From: cepope@mindspring.com> To: pci@opencores.org> Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 5:21 PM Subject: [pci] Access to BA1 causes crash
I've compiled the PCI bridge into a Spartan part on my PCI EVM. I am able to read/write config space and I am able to read/write the config space image in BA0. However, as soon as I try to access BA1 which is suppose to go to WB master and a simple block ram my machine freezes. Any ideas why an access to WB master would kill my machine? Thanks. _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/pci

no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.