I2S Interface :: Overview
Other project properties
- Separate transmitter and receiver.
- Operates in either slave or master mode.
- Configurable sample buffer size.
- Supports 16bit to 32bit resolution.
- Supports 16bit and 32bit Wishbone data bus.
- Interrupt capability.
I2S is an industry standard (invented by Philips) 3-wire interface for streaming stereo audio between devices. Typical applications include digital audio transfer between a CPU/DSP and a DAC/ADC. The I2S core allows a Wishbone master to stream stereo audio to and from I2S capable devices.