OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
FIR FIlter
by icrohit on Dec 26, 2015
icrohit
Hi all,
I have designed Distributed Arithmetic based FIR filter(both Low pass and High Pass), next stage is to implement in Speech Processing. But i don't have any idea about this. Please can anyone give me hint or detailed Description about speech processing.

Thank you :)
RE: FIR FIlter
by dgisselq on Dec 28, 2015
dgisselq
Ahm ... much as I hate to say it, there is much, much more to speech processing than just the simple implementation of a FIR filter--whether it be high or low pass. What comes next will depend upon what you want to do. Are you interested in cleaning up captured speech? The appropriate filter will depend upon the distortion in the speech. It will be context dependent. Are you interested in speech recognition? Speaker identification? Speech comprehension? All of these will take more than a simple filter. If this is what you are interested in, I would recommend a trip to the library first.

If you aren't sure what comes next, though, and you just wish to press forward ... then why don't you just spend some time running speech through the filter(s) you have and listening to the result? Change the filter, then listen to how the result changes? Try whistling into the filter and hear how the result changes, etc. Have some fun.

Dan

no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.