Hi everyone,

i have just finish implementing a Slave PCI on a FPGA board with PCI
interface. And this core seems work fine. Work fine means the OS can
find the new hardware component and ask for the driver, also can read /
write data by using WinDriver. But when i plug this card onto the
motherboard which is with on-board lan card. The OS can't discover this
new hardware and the original on-board lan card on the mothercard has
disappeared(it don't show up in the software). However, my core do not
have problem in every motherboard without on-board lan card.

I find it very strange and i don't know why. Can anyone give me a hand?
Is it the PCIBIOS on different motherboard has difference in
configurating the device? Or the memory range i declare in my core has
exceed the range that the mother board can give to my hardware?( i
just declare 256 K in my hardware). Or anything cursh in the interrpt?

Thank you very much and any reply will be appreciated.

Regards,
TOM
PCI card can't work in different motherboard
by Unknown on Dec 30, 2003
Not available!
Are you using interrupts? _ _ o' \,=./ `o (o o) ---=--=---=--=--=---=--=--=--=--=---=--=--=-----ooO--(_)--Ooo--- Sebastián Fernández _____________________________ Instituto de Ing. Eléctrica Facultad de Ingenieria Tel: 7110974 int.107 On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 tomko81@hotmail.com wrote:
Hi everyone, i have just finish implementing a Slave PCI on a FPGA board with PCI interface. And this core seems work fine. Work fine means the OS can find the new hardware component and ask for the driver, also can read / write data by using WinDriver. But when i plug this card onto the motherboard which is with on-board lan card. The OS can't discover this new hardware and the original on-board lan card on the mothercard has disappeared(it don't show up in the software). However, my core do not have problem in every motherboard without on-board lan card. I find it very strange and i don't know why. Can anyone give me a hand? Is it the PCIBIOS on different motherboard has difference in configurating the device? Or the memory range i declare in my core has exceed the range that the mother board can give to my hardware?( i just declare 256 K in my hardware). Or anything cursh in the interrpt? Thank you very much and any reply will be appreciated. Regards, TOM _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/pci

no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.