OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
PCI on XILINX Virtex
by Unknown on Mar 19, 2008
Not available!
hello, my name is Amelus and i think i need your help :) the project i am working on is for my engineer degree. the thing is i have a pcb "mother board" and 2 daughter PMC's this means they are connected by PCI. now making the pci connection work i a small part of the whole project and i unfortunately do not have much time to go through ALL the necesary literature, but i did read a little. the two daughter boards receive their instuctions from the PCI to a wishbone interconnect then to different wishbone ports after getting data ready they send it trhou the pci to the main board the main board gets insructions through various connections like the RS232 for example,and if it needs to use any of the cards it sends instructions through the PCI bridge to them i've figured this leaves me with a host and two guests. each on a different card. now if anyone could help me with the steps needed to configure all the brdges to work properly.for one thing there will be no PC to do that nor arbitration.all would rather be manual and directly in the fpga's (xilinx virtex pro) thanx in advance Amelus -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://www.opencores.org/forums.cgi/pci/attachments/20080319/7b8b4183/attachment.html
PCI on XILINX Virtex
by samerek on Mar 26, 2008
samerek

Hello again,

i have done a little research and have seen that my question was quite
unspecific.i have configured almost everything i need now.i have a
host implementation on the mainboard and the other two are guests.

i just have a question about images and wishbone pci communication.
it might be easier to illustrate on an example.if i want to provoke
configuration of the guests.
i have the standard image configuration.i want to enable Mastering of
the bus.the pci i connected to the wb interconnect under adress 1000_0000
the command reg is 04h offset of config space which is like originally
at 0000_0 so correct me if im wrong: i should write to 1000_0004
transtlate this to 0000_0004,and there write the whole dword (for
example : 0000_0107 ) ?

the reason im asking is that im getting no response and im not sure
where is the problem.

thank you in advanCe
Amelus

no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.