OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
PCI burst tranferts
by b.badrignans on Oct 6, 2008
b.badrignans
Hi,

I use the opencore PCI bridge block. And I want to know how to
generate burst transfert in order to optimize the throughput.

In my driver I use the functions memcpy_fromio() and
memcpy_toio(), but I don't know if those function generate real burst
at the PCI level.

Thank you for help.
PCI burst tranferts
by Unknown on Oct 7, 2008
Not available!
There are some issues in using the core as is. The designer works for a company that sells the core as IP. While this version is good for experimental work, it is slow and there are issues in some of the burst modes. The designer has fixed these issues in the version they sell, and for $30K you can get the debugged and tested version. For my solution, I went to Actel and bought their PCI core. Its tested and debugged. Actel also sells their RTL version should you have a burning need to modify the back-end. Our main concern in producing any product is to ensure that the core used is tested. Verifying the core (especially to DO-254) is more expensive than the cost in developing the core itself. Arlin -----Original Message----- From: pci-bounces at opencores.org [mailto:pci-bounces at opencores.org] On Behalf Of b.badrignans at free.fr Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 6:48 AM To: pci at opencores.org Subject: [pci] PCI burst tranferts Hi, I use the opencore PCI bridge block. And I want to know how to generate burst transfert in order to optimize the throughput. In my driver I use the functions memcpy_fromio() and memcpy_toio(), but I don't know if those function generate real burst at the PCI level. Thank you for help. _______________________________________________ http://www.opencores.org/mailman/listinfo/pci
PCI burst tranferts
by Unknown on Oct 7, 2008
Not available!
b.badrignans at free.fr wrote:
I use the opencore PCI bridge block. And I want to know how to
generate burst transfert in order to optimize the throughput.
Basically, on 99% of PC motherboards, you can't. The motherboard chipset will *not* generate burst memory read/write commands. For burst transfers you need to use a DMA controller in your target. Regards, -- Mark McDougall, Engineer Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, http://www.vl.com.au> 21-25 King St, Rockdale, 2216 Ph: +612-9599-3255 Fax: +612-9599-3266
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.