OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
USB 1.1 host controller: SET ADDRESS is ACK'ed, but ignored
by Unknown on Dec 2, 2003
Not available!
I am trying to write an USB 1.1 host controller to connect a usb video camera to the Xilinx FPGA. I am having strange problems with Set Address Command - it is recieved and ACKed, but the device still does not respond to the command. I am using usb_phy from "USB 1.1 Function IP Core" and PDIUSBP11A for UTMI and hardware interface. I was able to read the device descriptor, so I believe that the physical part of the protocol works. I do not have USB bus analyzer, but logic analyzer shows the following: -30ms..0ms: "reset" hit. the bus is in SE0 state 0ms..15ms: reset recovery. Only SOF packets are being sent 16ms: host sends SOF, host waits 64 bit times host sends "SETUP to Pipe0 Device0", 2D 00 10 host sends DATA0, "set address to 4": C3 00 05 04 00 00 00 00 00 EB 70 device sends ACK ( D2 ) 17ms: host sends SOF, host waits 64 bit times host sends "IN from Pipe0 Device0", 69 00 10 device sends empty DATA1 packet: 4B 00 00 host waits 32 bit times host ACK's packets: D2 18ms..31ms: idle time, sending SOF only 32ms: host sends SOF, host waits 64 bit times host sends "SETUP to Pipe0 Device4", 2D 04 28 host sends DATA0, "get descriptor": C3 80 06 00 01 00 00 12 00 E0 F4 now, the device is supposed to ACK the packet, but it does not device does not send anything. What could be wrong here? I will be happy to provide any additional information. Mikhail -- To unsubscribe from usb mailing list please visit http://www.opencores.org/mailinglists.shtml
USB 1.1 host controller: SET ADDRESS is ACK'ed, but ignored
by Unknown on Dec 2, 2003
Not available!
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 11:53, Mikhail A wrote:
I am trying to write an USB 1.1 host controller to connect a usb video
camera to the Xilinx FPGA. I am having strange problems with Set Address
Command - it is recieved and ACKed, but the device still does not respond
to the command.

I am using usb_phy from "USB 1.1 Function IP Core" and PDIUSBP11A for UTMI
and hardware interface. I was able to read the device descriptor, so I
believe that the physical part of the protocol works.

Make sure your setup sequence is correct (see page 226 of
the USB 2.0 spec for more details).

Basically your SETUP sequence looks like this:
SETUP -> DATA -> STATUS

When you start "set address", the *entire* sequence will be
completed with the default address of '0'. Only after the
STATUS phase will the new address become valid.

See also the second paragraph from the end of the page 256
in USB 2.0 spec.

What could be wrong here?

I will be happy to provide any additional information.
Mikhail
Regards, rudi ======================================================== ASICS.ws ::: Solutions for your ASIC/FPGA needs ::: ..............::: FPGAs * Full Custom ICs * IP Cores ::: FREE IP Cores -> http://www.asics.ws/ http://www.opencores.org/mailinglists.shtml
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.