OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
USB 2.0 HOST controller?
by yyyg45 on Dec 7, 2009
yyyg45
Hi, friends,
Is it easy to design a USB 2.0 HOST controller with the code base of USB 2.0 DEVICE core in the svn repo? What should I start from? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Huang
RE: USB 2.0 HOST controller?
by ravivlsiii on Apr 24, 2010
ravivlsiii
Hi,

If you want to design host then just define ur register level architecture first. Like define registers for send request,receive status...etc. after u define your register level architecture in protocol layer u need to make just one controller module inside device IP core. So using ur register level architecture u can call this controller to send tokens or receive token.
let me know if u have any problem..

Best Regards:

Ravi
by WaiSiangYeoh on Nov 17, 2011
WaiSiangYeoh
Hi,

If you want to design host then just define ur register level architecture first. Like define registers for send request,receive status...etc. after u define your register level architecture in protocol layer u need to make just one controller module inside device IP core. So using ur register level architecture u can call this controller to send tokens or receive token.
let me know if u have any problem..

Best Regards:

Ravi

Hi Ravi, looks like you know how to DIY a USB2.0 controller from scratch,can you share more information about that with newbie like me?
by vipin.vc on Jun 5, 2012
vipin.vc
As ravi said first build datapath and then write controller to controll data transfer to deside what is to be sent and when.Same as you do a processor.
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.