OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
USB Host on DE2-70 board
by nightsjudge on Apr 13, 2011
nightsjudge
Hi everybody.

I need to use USB Host which is on De2-70 board. i dont have IP of USB Host for SOPC Builder and also i do not know anything about HDL. I mean i can not write with HDL on my own. I am going to communicate with Dynamixel RX-28 motors via USB2Dynamixel.

I am pretty new on FPGA and i dont know what to do.

P.S. i am working on Quartus 8.0

Thanks for replies.
RE: USB Host on DE2-70 board
by richard_vlamynck on Apr 15, 2011
richard_vlamynck
Hi everybody.

I need to use USB Host which is on De2-70 board. i dont have IP of USB Host for SOPC Builder and also i do not know anything about HDL. I mean i can not write with HDL on my own. I am going to communicate with Dynamixel RX-28 motors via USB2Dynamixel.

I am pretty new on FPGA and i dont know what to do.

P.S. i am working on Quartus 8.0

Thanks for replies.

With great respect, I might suggest that if you "can not write with HDL" on your own, then you might consider the fact that Dynamixel supports control software running on PC hosts. Simply get a cheap PC or laptop, buy the dongle and you're done. That being said, if you need to use the DE2-70 board as a Dynamixel host controller, you do have some large amount of hardware and software porting in front of you. In this case you should download the freeware C++ examples of the controller software and port that example to your DE2-70 board. If I were you, I'd try two parallel examples, one using the official software downloaded and running on a PC and another ported and running on your DE2-70 board. That way you could compare the way it's supposed to run versus your own version on your fpga board.
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.