OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
DE2 Board USB Device Interface
by hamidlukhnowi on Dec 23, 2011
hamidlukhnowi
Hello everyone, i am doing a project in which a camera software in PC will send a Pixel value of Image to the FPGA through USB device interface. the USB connector is ISP1362. Can anyone tell how i can do this interface and what tools would i used because i am new to USB interface so don't know from where to start. i know Verilog HDL and preferred to do work with it. Any referenced material for reading and taking help will also be warm welcomed.

Thanks
RE: DE2 Board USB Device Interface
by minhdang on Dec 23, 2011
minhdang
u should built a NIOSII-based system to control the ISP1362 chip for a USB connection. Of course, an interface module is also required to connect ISP1362 chip to the system. A very useful demo named "DE2_NIOS_DEVICE_LED" that illustrates the USB device feature of DE2 board can be found in DE2 CD
good luck ^^
RE: DE2 Board USB Device Interface
by ravivlsiii on Dec 25, 2011
ravivlsiii
minhdang is right,

step 1 --> you have to use altera Tool. make avalon and ULPI PHY interface for your device IP core.
step 2 --> you have to design embedded system with NIOS-II CPU. master is NIOS-II CPU and slave is
your device IP core. refer www.slscorp.com(USB20HC reference design) for embedded system
design.
step 3 --> make pin assignments as par your FPGA board.
step 4 --> make your software on altera Nios II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
step 5 --> generate SOF and program FPGA
step 6 --> run EDS so your application start driving device IP core registers through NIOS-II CPU as
per your application you written

I hope this will help you.....

Best Regards:

Ravi Chovatiya
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.