Created: Nov 25, 2011
Updated: Nov 28, 2012
SVN Updated: Nov 28, 2012
Latest version: download
(might take a bit to start...)
0 reported / 0 solved
Star3you like it: star it!
Other project properties
WishBone compliant: No
WishBone version: n/a
BTCMiner is a Bitcoin Miner software which allows you to make money with your ZTEX USB-FPGA Module. Since these FPGA Boards contain an USB interface no additional hardware (like JTAG programmer) is required and low cost FPGA-clusters can be build using standard USB hubs.
- Supported FPGA Boards:
- Dynamic frequency scaling / overclocking based on error measurement, i.e. BTCMiner automatically chooses the frequency with the highest rate of valid hashes.
- Cluster mode: one software instance can control many FPGA Boards (up to several hundreds, limited by the number of USB host controllers)
- Hot-plugging: new FPGA Boards can be added / removed during runtime
- Stale reduction by Long Polling and block monitoring
- Backup server / pools
- Possibility of enumeration of FPGA Boards and cluster partitioning using that numbers
- Power save mode after 5min inactivity of per command
- Temperature monitoring and overheat shutdown (USB-FPGA Module 1.15y rev. 2)
- Overheat protection by shutdown if error rate increase to much
- Package is Open Source
- Ready-to-use Bitstream, i.e. no Xilinx Software or Licence required
© copyright 1999-2018 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.