BTCMiner is a Bitcoin Miner software which allows you to make money with your ZTEX USB-FPGA Module. Since these FPGA Boards contain an USB interface no additional hardware (like JTAG programmer) is required and low cost FPGA-clusters can be build using standard USB hubs.
- Supported FPGA Boards:
- Dynamic frequency scaling / overclocking based on error measurement, i.e. BTCMiner automatically chooses the frequency with the highest rate of valid hashes.
- Cluster mode: one software instance can control many FPGA Boards (up to several hundreds, limited by the number of USB host controllers)
- Hot-plugging: new FPGA Boards can be added / removed during runtime
- Stale reduction by Long Polling and block monitoring
- Backup server / pools
- Possibility of enumeration of FPGA Boards and cluster partitioning using that numbers
- Power save mode after 5min inactivity of per command
- Temperature monitoring and overheat shutdown (USB-FPGA Module 1.15y rev. 2)
- Overheat protection by shutdown if error rate increase to much
- Package is Open Source
- Ready-to-use Bitstream, i.e. no Xilinx Software or Licence required