FTDI FT601 SuperSpeed USB3.0 to AXI bus master
This component allows an FTDI FT601 USB3.0 device to act as a high-performance AXI4 bus master.
- Interfaces to FTDI FT601 USB FIFO device.
- AXI-4 bus master with support for incrementing bursts and multiple outstanding transactions (for high performance).
- 2 x 8KB FIFO (which map to BlockRAMs in Xilinx FPGAs).
- Designed to work @ 100MHz in FPGA (as per FTDI FT60x max clock rate).
- Uses FT60x 245 mode protocol (32-bit mode).
- Support for 32 GPIO.
- Capable of sustained pipelined AXI-4 burst reads @ 170MB/s and writes @ 230MB/s.
Verified under simulation (constrained random testing), and tested on a Xilinx Artix 7 with blockRAM and DDR3 targets on the LambdaConcept USB2Sniffer Board (connected to a Linux host PC).
Uses the FTDI D3XX drivers which are available for Linux, OS-X, and Windows (although this has only been tested under Linux currently).