The IIE-PCI Development Platform board is a low cost PCI device card with a programmable logic chip (Altera ACEX), dynamic ram, and expansion capabilities.
The main purpose of the IIE-PCI board is to test PCI designs in a educational environment. Cost was a primary concern. The fabrication cost for the prototype board was U$S 330, if 10 boards are made, the cost will drop to U$S 230 per unit.
More information is available at the project website:
- http://www.mondueri.comiiepci (mondueri.com/iiepci) (original site in spanish)
- http://translate.google.comtranslate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mondueri.com%2Fiiepci&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools (english version) (google autotranslation)
The IIE-PCI Development Platform is part of a final degree project in Electrical Engineering in the Universidad del la República - Facultad de Ingeniería - Uruguay.
The whole project contains the following parts:
- IEE-PCI board.
- Target PCI Core toolkit (written in VHDL).
- Linux device driver toolkit for the core and the device card.
- PCI 32 bit, 3.3V and 5V compatible
- 128Mbit SDRAM memory on-board
- ALTERA FPGA ACEX EP1K100PQ208
- Expansion header
- 31 general propouse signals
- Clock source: on-board crystal, PCI conector. Jumper selectable.
- PLL for clock regeneration and frequency multiplication. Jumper selectable.
- FPGA configuration using (jumper selectable):
- on-board ALTERA EPC2 EPROM
- JTAG header through ALTERA ByteBlasterMV
- External power connector
- two prototype assembled and fully functional
- boards are being used at under-graduate http://iie.fing.edu.uy/ense/asign/dlp (courses) in our University.
- schematics, gerber, bill of materials available at http://opencores.org/pdownloads.cgi/listiiepci (Downloads) section
- documentation, user manual and other information available at http://opencores.orgproject,iiepci,links (Links) section
- Sebastián Fernández | sebfer at opencores.org
- Ciro Mondueri | ciro at opencores.org
DESCRIPTION: IIE-PCI board (front)
DESCRIPTION: IIE-PCI board (back)
DESCRIPTION: IIE-PCI board (diagram)