The OPB SPI Core connects a FPGA to a DSP or Microprocessor as Slave-Device. This means all transfers are initiated by the Master an the FPGA-System only responds to read or write request.
- OPB-Clock and SPI-Clock are complete independent
- SPI can run faster than OPB if guaranteed that no TX-FIFO Underrunn or RX- FIFO Overrunn occure.
- variable transfer length 2..32
- Automatic CRC-Generation for Transmit and Receive Data (only 8,32Bit Shift-Register Width)
- simulation tests done
- Hardware tests on a Virtex-4 ML401 Board (LX25) done
- CRC-Code Real World Test in progress