Created: Mar 27, 2009
Updated: Jul 14, 2010
SVN Updated: Jan 27, 2011
Latest version: download
(might take a bit to start...)
1 reported / 0 solved
Star0you like it: star it!
Other project properties
A versatile counter that can be defined as a binary, gray or LFSR counter. Usage include baudrate generator, address generator for FIFO and much more.
As a user you edit a define file to make the counter fit your project demands. You the generate a tailored counter. The performance and area can hereby be optimezed for the given application
Pros and cons with different types of counter
- extremely low area usage
- high performance
- one cycle shorter count cycle compared to binary versions
- typically used for interval timer and as adress generator for FIFO
- The standard type, usefule for various types of implementation
- The Gray type counter toggles only one bit per update
- Implemented as a normal binary counter with an extra output stage converting the state to Gray encoding
- Typical usage is adress generator for asynchroinous FIFOs
This module is written in Verilog and uses pre processor commands.
© copyright 1999-2018 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.